Before planting make sure you choose a suitable plant for you and your home.
Find out its sun exposure preference, growth pattern and maintenance.
Ask us any questions you may have in regards to your purchase., we are happy to help!
- Prepare the hole. With a shovel, dig a hole that is 1 ½ times the width and height of the root ball (not just enough so it fits). This allows the plant to root more easily and begin to grow outwards into the soil becoming established.
- Prepare the plant for installation. Small plants in containers: Gently turn the plant upside down and slightly shake it to get it out of the pot or cut the plastic pot off. Large plants that are wrapped in burlap or wire basket can be left alone. Just be sure to cut the rope around the neck of the tree AFTER the tree has been put in the hole.
- Line the hole. If you live locally, your soil is going to be rocky and full of clay which is not ideal for plantings. Line the hole with our bagged composted cow manure and topsoil to allow for loose fertile environment for optimal root structure growth.
- Plant. Place the plant into the prepared hole gently not disturbing any roots. Fill the sides of the hole with more of the cow manure and topsoil mix to fill the gaps. (Root ball should be a little above ground level. )
- Top dress. Fertilize the plant with our Bio-tone fertilizer to protect from transplant shock. Then mulch overtop to protect the roots from drying out, help to keep them hydrated and also to just complete the look of your beds!
- Stake. We recommend staking any trees over 6’ tall to help them get established nice and straight and prevent the wind from angling your tree growth. Keep stakes on for the first year and windy winters.
- Water. One of the most important steps is to water your plant to keep it hydrated. Be sure to grab one of our watering guides for detailed instructions!
- Protect your plant. Prevent deer, rabbits and other critters from eating your plants with our organic repellent, Plantskydd. Lasts up to 6 months even through the rain!
*If you have any questions on installation or maintenance, please contact us!!*
· 215.822.3334 · www.greenacreslive.com ·